Position: Chief of Technology/Operations
Reports to: Executive Director
Posting date: March 28, 2018
The Chief of Technology and Operations assists the Executive Director in planning, directing, coordinating and executing the powers, duties and functions of Toll Operations, Information Technology, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Special Projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees and supervises all aspects of toll operations, information technology, intelligent transportation systems, and special projects.
- Recommends policies/procedures required to accomplish the mission of CFX.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of CFX’s information systems, including the acquisition and development of new systems and applications.
- Prepares, reviews and presents staff reports, various management and information updates, and reports on special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Direct the development of the security plan.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the agency’s data and servers.
- Identify and implement technology trends and platforms.
- Communicate the agency’s technology strategy to management including governing board, staff, customers, and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies.
- Ensure quality assurance process.
- Oversee application deployment process.
- Integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
- Represent CFX to the public and media when required.
- Oversee the development of the annual budgets for IT, Operations, and ITS.
- Review and analyze daily operations and system reports.
- Oversee the reviews and responses related to permit applications jointly with FDOT for access to the CFX system and requests for general signing and traffic operational issues on the CFX system. Assist in the preparation and review of agenda items for board meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of toll operations, business operations, intelligent transportation systems, and information technology principles, methods, and practices as applicable to these departments.
- Administration, budgeting, and personnel management.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Compose and supervise the preparation of detailed reports, recommendations, correspondence, and specifications.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the work of supervisory, professional, and technical personnel including outsourced consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years mid or senior level experience in IT, Operations, or ITS. Highly desirable to have a knowledge or background in the toll industry, computer systems, and/or intelligent transportation systems.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License is required
- This position is in typical office environment with heavy computer usage.
- Flexible schedule required; work extra hours on evenings and weekends as needed.
The Central Florida Expressway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: