Position: Finance Assistant
Department: Accounting and Finance
Reports to: Director of Accounting and Finance
Posting date: April 28, 2021
The Finance Assistant supports the Director of Accounting and Finance and is responsible for day-to-day assistance and overall administrative coordination of the Accounting and Finance Department.
Duties and responsibilities:
● Prepares general office correspondence and documents as needed.
● Ensures top quality production for documents, reports and communications.
● Assists in the preparation of presentations as needed.
● Maintains the offices’ files, records and correspondence.
● Scan and attach files to the Accounting software.
● Provides administrative support.
● Records, transcribes and prepares written reports/formal minutes from meetings as needed.
● Schedules meetings and organizes needed documents and materials.
● Prepare, proofread and edit reports, memoranda and correspondence.
● Coordinate and arrange all travel accommodations nationally and within the State.
● Prepare expense reports and authorizations for department travels.
● Responsible for producing and maintaining numerous files.
● Receives, stamps, scans and routes all incoming AP invoices
● Prepares the monthly budget to actual reports.
● Assist with the preparation of the stat book.
● Responsible for ordering and inventorying supplies for the department.
● Assist with data entry for toll collection account reconciliation.
● Review, route and respond to incoming mail.
● Assist in the review of specific invoices.
● Assist in the maintenance of the vendor database.
● Some data entry.
● Provide backup support to the other Administrators or Coordinators at CFX as needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Extensive demonstrated skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
● Excellent, grammar, spelling and correspondence composition.
● Ability to type 65 correct words per minute.
● Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and produce.
● Excellent interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to work independently and under pressure.
● Demonstrate practical applications and exercise independent/sound judgment. Must be analytical, detail-oriented, flexible and have outstanding communication (written and verbal) skills with ability to coordinate several activities at once, quickly analyze, resolve specific problems and cope with deadlines.
● High school diploma required.
● At least two years administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work environment/Physical requirements:
● This position is in typical office environment with heavy computer usage
The Central Florida Expressway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and salary requirements by May 5, 2021