The Permits and Maintenance Compliance Supervisor provides contract level management and oversight of the overall maintenance of the CFX roadway system. This position requires daily planning and active coordination with the various contractors responsible for the maintenance of over 125 centerline miles of roadway.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily oversight of the following activities/contracts:
- Permits on CFX Right of Way
- CFX Road Ranger Program
- CFX Traffic Signal Maintenance
- CFX Highway Lighting
- CFX Bridge, Sign and Signal Structure Inspection Program
- CFX MRP Program
- CFX Quarterly Report to FDOT
- Maintain organized records and reports generated from the above activities/contracts.
- Coordinate inspect and document field operations by entities permitted to perform work within the CFX Right of Way.
- Perform in-field oversight of the above listed activities on a weekly basis.
- Inspect CFX roadways using FDOT Maintenance Rating Program Handbook (MRP), FDOT Design Standards and the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Document deficiencies noted during roadway inspections, issue work orders to maintenance contractors and maintain logs of work order requests.
- Assists in the preparation of the CFX annual maintenance budget.
- Coordinate daily with the Director of Maintenance to advise of status of contract work activities.
- Assist with Maintenance Rating Program (MRP) evaluation with FDOT personnel and maintenance contract personnel.
- Review Maintenance Rating Program (MRP) reports, prepare analysis for Director of Maintenance and coordinate with asset managers to correct deficiencies.
- Respond to vehicle accidents on or adjacent to CFX roadways.
- Review law enforcement accident reports for recovery of maintenance costs and for possible roadway design correction action.
- Perform verification inspections on CFX bridges and overhead sign structures using FDOT Inspection Reports.
- Coordinate with CFX CEI Consultants.
- Perform acceptance inspections on new construction projects for turnover.
- Coordinate with state, county and city law enforcement and agencies where maintenance might affect the public interest.
- Maintain 24-hour emergency phone coverage.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Perform plan reviews and contract scope as needed.
- Coordinate roadway maintenance activities with facility and landscape project managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently.
- Be adaptable and comfortable in a professional work environment.
- Able to effectively supervise contractors and/or projects.
- Requires the ability to read and understand roadway and construction plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Three years of directly related supervisory experience is preferred.
- High school diploma required, AA degree preferred.
Work environment/Physical requirements
- This position requires frequent driving. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
The Central Florida Expressway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit resume and salary requirements by December 31, 2021.