Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Technology and Operations Officer
Posting date: June 4, 2019
The Administrative Assistant supports the Chief Technology and Operations Officer and is responsible for day-to-day assistance and overall administrative coordination of the Information Technology, Toll Operations, and Special Projects Departments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops and implements office procedures for the Chief Technology and Operations Officer.
- Prepares general office correspondence and documents as needed.
- Ensures top quality production for documents and communications.
- Prepares presentations as needed.
- Maintains the offices’ files, records and correspondence.
- Provides administrative support for departments.
- Extensive review of invoices for quality control.
- Records, transcribes and prepares written reports/formal minutes from meetings.
- Maintains and coordinates CTO’s and Director’s calendar and meetings.
- Schedules meetings and organizes needed documents and materials.
- Prepares, proofreads and edits reports, memoranda and correspondence.
- Verifies and processes reimbursable receipts and compiles receipts for purchasing cards.
- Coordinates and arranges all travel accommodations.
- Prepares expense reports and authorizations for department travels.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining numerous files – alpha, project, consultant and contractor.
- Answers department phone lines, screens/routes calls and responds to calls as a first point of contact.
- Reviews, routes and responds to incoming mail.
- Provides backup administrative supports to CFX as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive demonstrated skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and correspondence composition.
- Ability to type 65 correct words per minute.
- Ability to organize, plan and produce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to exercise independent/sound judgment.
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented, with outstanding communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to coordinate several activities at once, quickly analyze, resolve specific problems and meet deadlines.
- AA preferred.
- At least four years administrative experience in business or technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work environment/Physical requirements
- This position is in typical office environment with heavy computer usage
The Central Florida Expressway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and salary requirements by June 14, 2019