Position: Manager of IT Infrastructure
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Posting date: 07/10/19
The Manager of IT Infrastructure is responsible for all aspects of CFX’s Network, Server, Telecommunications, and Security Systems to include delivery of successful projects and the maintenance of existing systems. The manager will be responsible for leading a team of employees and contractors to collaborate within the IT department as well as with stakeholders throughout the CFX organization to include executive leadership. This position is a “working” manager role requiring broad experience across responsible areas and the ability to contribute depth of experience in at least one technical discipline.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produces and maintains highly available services to meet the organization’s growing demands.
- Facilitates architecting, designing, building, testing and maintaining enterprise level infrastructure solutions.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to maintain the efficient operation of CFX’s server and communications infrastructure.
- Monitors resource utilization, trending, and perform capacity planning
- Actively participates in Disaster Recovery helping direct the development and execution of an Authority-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Supports and assigns team members to projects and assists where necessary to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develops, motivates, leads, and retains a staff of experienced IT professionals.
- Oversees contractor activities, evaluates the services provided by contractors and ensures compliance with contractual terms and provisions.
- Maintains compliance with departmental standards including ITSM/ITIL
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the agency’s data and servers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Microsoft core products including Windows, Server, Active Directory, SCCM, O365 Administration and Azure.
- Virtualization technologies VMware and/or Citrix.
- Experience with SAN storage solutions
- Experience with telecommunications systems, preferably Avaya products
- Knowledge of carrier services including PSTN, SIP, ISDN, MPLS, and Metro-Ethernet
- Familiarity with networking concepts, technologies and protocols .
- Linux system administration experience is desirable.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, ITIL/ITSM practices.
- Experience working in a PCI certified environment preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work confidently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to mentor technical staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including communication of technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent planning, process design, and project management skills.
- Ability to interact collaboratively and establish effective working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to analyze complex business needs requiring technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Senior technical certification(s) in at least one relevant technical domain (ex. CCNP, MCSE, VMware-VCP. etc.)
- 10+ Years progressive experience in Information Technology.
- 2+ years experience managing an IT operation and IT staff.
- This position is in typical office environment with heavy computer usage. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and climb ladder.
- Flexible schedule required; work extra hours on evenings and weekends as needed.
The Central Florida Expressway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and salary requirements by June 24, 2019.