Position: Risk Manager
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The Risk Manager provides daily oversight to CFX’s Risk Management function. This position implements a risk management framework, including policies, processes and tools to identify, assess, evaluate, mitigate and monitor agency risks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Advises management in the identification, assessment, measurement and monitoring of enterprise risks. Oversees risk analyses and assessments, and reports findings to management on risk mitigation alternatives and leads the evaluation of mitigation strategies and costs.
- Promotes risk awareness and transparency throughout the agency. Leads efforts to educate departments in understanding and addressing strategic, operational, legal regulatory and financial risks.
- Manages third party administrator broker contract.
- Oversees the procurement of CFX insurance policies.
- Serves as the primary contact representing CFX in most matters with insurance companies.
- Manages claims handling functions.
- Determines insurance requirement for contracts, leases and agreements to ensure adequate protection.
- Develops and maintains cross-functional relationships with Legal, Procurement and other related departments.
- Stays up to date on best practices affecting risk management operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Finance, Public or Business Administration or a related degree and four years of risk management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of contract language, terms, conditions, etc.
- Experience in monitoring and interpreting contractual agreements.
- Ability to gather and interpret data.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature.
Work environment/Physical requirements
- This position is in a typical office environment with heavy computer usage.