The Senior Roadway Inspector/Contract Administrator provides management and oversight of the overall maintenance of CFX’s Roadway System. This position requires daily planning and directing the Asset Maintenance Contractors responsible for the maintenance of CFX’s roadways and structures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting in developing and maintaining a comprehensive and uniform roadway maintenance program.
- Perform daily oversight of contractor’s operations and activities on the CFX system and issue work orders for required repairs.
- Inspect CFX roadways daily using FDOT Maintenance Rating Program Handbook (MRP), FDOT Design Standards and the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Document deficiencies noted during roadway inspections, issue work orders to Asset Maintenance contractors and maintain repair logs.
- Assists in the preparation of the CFX annual maintenance budget.
- Coordinate daily with the Director of Maintenance to advise status of Asset Management Contract work activities.
- Assist with Maintenance Rating Program (MRP) evaluation with FDOT personnel and asset maintenance contract personnel.
- Review Maintenance Rating Program (MRP) reports, prepare analysis for Director of Maintenance and coordinate with Asset Managers to correct deficiencies.
- Respond to vehicle accidents on or adjacent to CFX roadways.
- Review law enforcement accident reports for recovery of maintenance costs and for possible roadway design correction action.
- Perform verification inspections on CFX bridges and overhead sign structures using FDOT Inspection Reports.
- Coordinate with CFX CEI Consultants.
- Perform acceptance inspections on new construction projects for turnover.
- Coordinate with state, county and city law enforcement and maintenance agencies where maintenance might affect the public interest.
- Maintain 24-hour Emergency Phone coverage.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Perform plan reviews and contract scope as needed.
- Coordinate roadway maintenance activities with facility and landscape project managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to effectively supervise contractors and/or projects.
- Must be a self-starter and work independently.
- Requires the ability to read and understand roadway and construction plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Three years of directly related supervisory experience is preferred.
- High school diploma required, AA degree preferred.
Work environment/Physical requirements
- This position requires extensive driving. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
The Central Florida Expressway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and salary requirements by January 3, 2020