The Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) today launched a new online registration system that will make it easier for local small businesses to pursue exclusive contracting opportunities with the regional toll agency up to $5 million.
The new Small Sustainable Business Enterprise (SSBE) online registration system allows businesses to easily apply for, or renew, SSBE status, making the business eligible to pursue contracting opportunities with CFX. Key features of the enhanced SSBE system include:
- Upgraded user interface for SSBE application and renewal
- Enhanced online directory, with key-word search capabilities
- Electronic registration applications for new businesses
- SSBE application tracking from submission to completion
CFX is committed to supporting opportunities for area small businesses located within Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. Small businesses with the following requirements, are eligible to pursue CFX contracts:
- Independently owned and operating for one year prior to submittal
- Employing 50 or fewer employees
- Owner(s) are legal residents of the State of Florida
- Business provides all required state/local licenses and certificate of business
- Business has average annual gross sales, over the previous three years, that do not exceed:
- $5 million for commodities
- $10 million for professional services
- $20 million for construction
“Our goal with the Small Sustainable Business Enterprise Program is to create an equal opportunity for small businesses to participate in the agency’s procurement process and to promote small business sustainability in the community,” said Iranetta Dennis, Director of Supplier Diversity for CFX.
Business owners can access the CFX SSBE portal here to register, review and update current account information, and to pursue upcoming opportunities.