Supplier Diversity Resources
Be Part of the CFX Team
The Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) plays a vital role in the region’s economy, providing either directly or indirectly Â thousands of jobs through planning, construction, operation and maintenance of our toll roads.
By ensuring a level playing field, businesses of all sizes are provided an equal opportunity to benefit as a CFX vendor. CFX conducts its business openly and transparently while seeking to represent the best interests of its customers, bondholders and community stakeholders.
Supplier Diversity Programs
The CFX Supplier Diversity Department’s mission is to provide small, disadvantaged business enterprises (DBE), minority and women-owned enterprises (M/WBE) with an equal opportunity and equal access to participate in the Agency’s procurement process. CFX sets a 15% disadvantaged, minority and women owned (D/M/WBE) business enterprise objective for CFX funded projects and recognizes D/M/WBEs certifications from the City of Orlando,Â Orange County Government , and the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Road & bridge construction
- Surveying services
- Marketing Communications
- Financial, legal & staffing services
Small Sustainable Business Enterprise (SSBE) Program
CFX’s Small Sustainable Business Enterprise (SSBE) Program provides contracting opportunities to small businesses on CFX-designated projects estimated up to $5 million and when at least three SSBE registered businesses are available and capable of performing the scope of work identified.
SSBE Program Requirements:
- Located within Lake, Orange, Osceola or Seminole Counties
- Independently owned and operating for one year prior to submittal
- Employ 50 or fewer employees
- Owner(s) must be legal residents of the State of Florida
- Must provide all required state/local licenses and certificate of business
- Annual gross sales, averaged over the previous three years, cannot exceed:
- Commodities – $5 million
- Professional Services – $10 million
- Construction – $20 million
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program: Wekiva Parkway
As part of the Wekiva Parkway (SR 429) project, CFX has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program to increase opportunities for qualified DBEs to participate in contracting opportunities for CFX’s parkway sections in Lake and Seminole counties. Project Opportunities:
- From North of US 441 to North of Ponkan Road (Map Section 1A)
- From North of Ponkan Road to North of Kelly Park Road Interchange (Map Section 1B)
- SR 429 System Interchange (Map Section 2A)
- System Interchange East to Mt. Plymouth Road (Section 2B)
- System Interchange Northwest to S.R. 46 (Section 2C)