Overview: Facts & Resources
The Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) is an independent agency of the state that operates and maintains a regional network of expressways for 2.9 million residents and more than 60 million visitors in Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties.
The CFX system includes the following expressways: State Road 408 (East-West Expressway), State Road 414 (Apopka Expressway), State Road 417 (Central Florida GreeneWay), State Road 429 (Western Beltway), State Road 451 and State Road 528 (Beachline Expressway).
Putting Customers in the Driver Seat
- Created by the Florida Legislature in 2014, CFX’s 118-mile user-funded system includes 815 center lane miles, 69 interchanges, 14 mainline toll plazas, 74 ramp toll plazas and 335 bridges and seven named expressways.
- The CFX Governing Board has seven local elected officials, representing the counties of Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola and Seminole, the city of Orlando, three governor appointees, and the executive director of Florida Turnpike Enterprise as a non-voting advisory member. CFX’s enabling legislation allows the agency to acquire, construct and equip rapid transit, trams and fixed guideways within its right-of-way.
- On average, more than 1 million toll transactions are recorded daily, 85 percent of them electronically.
- CFX operates E-PASS, the first electronic toll collection system in Florida, which launched in 1994 and now supports more than 300,000 E-PASS accounts. Customers pay 23% less on average than motorists using cash.
- E-PASS is accepted on all toll roads and most bridges in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina.
- The E-PASS Sticker is free, whereas other toll stickers cost around $5. The E-PASS Portable costs $9.95 plus tax.
- College-branded toll stickers KnightPass, NolePass and GatorPass are also available for $18.50 plus tax.
- CFX receives no state or local tax dollars. Tolls revenues pay for the entire system, reinvested into local projects in the Central Florida region. See your toll dollars at work.
- On average, the daily toll revenue on CFX’s system is over $1 million. For the most recent revenue information, view CFX’s monthly performance dashboard.
- CFX holds A and A2 bond ratings from the three major rating agencies and its outlook, according to the rating agencies, ranges from stable to positive.
Senior Communications Specialist
Ph: (407) 690-5343
|CFX System Map||Download PDF|
|CFX Corporate Brochure||Download PDF|
|Benefits of A Local Expressway Authority||Download PDF|
|2018-2022 Five-Year Work Plan Presentation||Download PDF|
|FY18 Approved Budget Presentation||Download PDF|
|FY17 CFX Strategic Plan||Download PDF|
|SB 230: Creation of CFX||Visit Page|
|HB 299: Addition of Brevard County||Download PDF|
|Resolution No. 2014-263: Transfer of Assets||Download PDF|