Concept, Feasibility &
Osceola Parkway Extension
In April 2017, CFX began conducting concept, feasibility and mobility studies on the unbuilt Osceola County Expressway Authority (OCX) Master Plan projects. The goal was to determine which, if any, met CFX requirements for viability and funding.
On March 8, 2018, the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX) presented the outcomes of the Concept, Feasibility and Mobility Studies for the Osceola Parkway Extension. The objective of this study was to address congestion, plan for population growth and identify options to connect to I-4, State Road 429, or Florida’s Turnpike in Osceola, Orange and Polk Counties. More than forty people provided public comment during the CFX Board meeting. The CFX Board approved advancing the Osceola Parkway Extension, to the next study phase, called Project Development and Environment (PD&E), for further analysis.
Click here for final Concept, Feasibility and Mobility Study report: Part 1
Click here for final Concept, Feasibility and Mobility Study report: Part 2
Each of these corridor studies involved community input with more than 1,300 people attending six public workshops, where they offered more than 630 comments. Part of the community input process included 10 Environmental and Project Advisory Group meetings and nearly 60 stakeholder meetings.
CFX next will begin the PD&E study phase later this year. The time frame for the Osceola Parkway Extension PD&E Study is nine to 12 months. Public involvement and community engagement will continue to be a crucial component.
Following are a brief summary of the completed study, as well as section study exhibits, documents and other information.
Osceola Parkway Extension
The study corridor of the proposed Osceola Parkway Extension begins approximately one mile west of the Boggy Creek Road and Osceola Parkway intersection and extends eastward along the Orange / Osceola County line for approximately 6 miles before turning south into Osceola County to meet the northern terminus of the proposed Northeast Connector Expressway. The project also includes a potential north/south segment linking to SR 417 in the general vicinity of the Boggy Creek Road interchange. The goals of this proposed new limited-access facility include providing for additional east-west capacity within the project area, enhancing mobility of the area’s growing population and economy, relieving congestion on local roads, providing for the incorporation of transit options, and promoting regional connectivity.
CFX Board Meeting- March 8
The CFX Board on March 8 approved moving forward with Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Study for the Osceola Parkway Extension. Following is a link to view the Board meeting presentation on the study:
Osceola Parkway Extension March 2018 Board Presentation
Concept Draft Report Public Meetings
• CFX Concept Studies Public Meeting Presentation – Feb. 2018
• CFX Concept Studies Corridorwide Fact Sheet Fall 2018
• CFX Concept Studies Overall Schedule
• Osceola Parkway Extension Alternatives Evaluation Matrix
• Osceola Parkway Extension Typical Sections
• Osceola Parkway Extension Corridor Alternatives Board
• Osceola Parkway Extension Environmental Constraints Board
• Osceola Parkway Extension Refinement 1A Alternative Board
Kickoff Public Meetings
• CFX Concept Studies Kickoff Public Meeting Presentation – Sept.-Oct. 2017
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Corridor Alternatives Board Sept.-Oct. 2017
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Environmental Board Sept.-Oct. 2017
Project Advisory Group (PAG) Meetings
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension February (PAG) Meeting PPT
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension February (PAG) Meeting Summary
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Fact Sheet
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Corridor Alternatives Board February 2018
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Environmental Constraints Board February 2018
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Refinement 1A Alternative Board February 2018
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension July (PAG) Meeting PPT
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension July (PAG) Meeting Summary
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Corridor Alternatives Board July 2017
• CFX Osceola Parkway Extension Environmental Board July 2017