& Environment (PD&E) Study:
SR 429/Binion Road Interchange
In August 2022, CFX began a Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Study of the State Road 429/Binion Road Interchange. The study is evaluating a proposed half interchange (northbound entrance ramp and southbound exit ramp) expressway connection from Binion Road to SR 429 to provide enhanced access and mobility to southwest Apopka.
The study area runs along the vicinity of South Binion Road and Boy Scout Road at SR 429. Currently, drivers must enter and exit SR 429 by traveling approximately three miles north to just north of US 441 at the SR 429 Connector Road interchange or travel three miles south to the interchange at Ocoee Apopka Road.
The 6-month study will analyze intersection improvements and access management modifications along the proposed interchange.
When the PD&E Study concludes, it will result in a recommendation to the CFX Governing Board of the preferred alternative. If the project is approved by the CFX Governing Board, it would move forward to design and construction.
We value your input. Public involvement and inter-agency coordination are integral to the assessment process, and opportunities for participation are being provided.
Project Study Schedule
Project Fact Sheet
Additional SR 429/Binion Road Interchange PD&E Information
Central Florida Expressway Authority
4974 ORL Tower Road
Orlando, FL 32807
Phone: (407) 690-5000
Fax: (407) 690-5011
To submit a question or comment, please complete and submit the form below.
"*" indicates required fields
- 429-309 Air Quality Technical Memorandum-FINAL
- 429-309 Comments & Coordination Report-with Appendices-FINAL
- 429-309 Conceptual Design Roadway Plan Set-FINAL
- 429-309 Contamination Screening Tech Memo-FINAL
- 429-309 Cultural Resources Desktop Analysis-FINAL
- 429-309 Environmental Assessment Technical Memorandum-FINAL
- 429-309 Existing Conditions Technical Memorandum-FINAL
- 429-309 Geotechnical Existing Conditions Tech Memo-FINAL
- 429-309 Level 1 PEIR-FINAL
- 429-309 Preliminary Engineering Report-FINAL
- 429-309 Project Traffic Analysis Memo-FINAL
- 429-309 Traffic Noise Study Report with Addendum-FINAL
- 429-309 Typical Section Package-FINAL
- 429-309 Utility Assessment Technical Memorandum-FINAL
- 429-309 Water Quality Impact Evaluation Checklist-FINAL
Public Meeting Materials – 11/3/2022
This is a Project Development and Environment study, which is an initial phase of determining right-of-way acquisition. Property owners near the proposed transportation project often want to know an agency’s process for buying needed private property.
Central Florida Expressway Authority’s Right-of-Way Acquisition Policy